10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BC PNP TECH PILOT
by Raha Seyedali, 2 months ago, More on: Immigration
Immigration pilot programs are temporary programs created by the provincial governments to choose immigrants according to the economic needs of their province. BC Provincial nominee has opened a pilot program to expedite, attract and retain the Tech skilled workers.
1. To be eligible for this program you need to have a full-time, indeterminate job offer from an eligible employer in BC.
2. Candidates in one of 32 identified occupations that are in-demand in the B.C. technology sector can apply under this program. See these jobs in the following link:
3. There are weekly invitations for the registrants under this program.
4. There is a concierge service to provide information for employers. BC PNP staff work closely with employers in tech industry to facilitate the process and make sure the employers understand the application process.
5. The processing is prioritized and it is in accordance with the fast-paced demands of the employers.
6. This stream is based on SIRS: an online points-based registration system. This system helps B.C. select in-demand workers to meet labour market needs.
7. From the day you get the invitation to apply, you have You 30 days to apply through BCPNP Online.
8. The processing application fee is $700.
9. Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation of nomination. After receiving the BC PNP confirmation of nomination, you can submit an application for permanent residence to the designated IRCC visa office.
10. A nomination by the BC PNP does not authorize you to work while your application is being processed. However, you might be able to ask for a support letter from BC PNP office as a supporting document to extend your work permit.
If you are in tech industry and have a job offer and wish to learn more about this process, please contact us and we will assist you in your application.