Skip to content

Elgin, Cannon & Associates provides all services related to Canadian immigration, including preparing immigration applications, attending immigration hearings and challenging negative decisions in the Federal Court.

Permanent Resident Applications

We provide comprehensive, affordable legal service for immigrants in all categories. Family Class If you already live in Canada, we can help reunite you with your close family members.  Sponsoring your spouse can be a stressful and confusing process. Processing times can be lengthy, and mistakes in your application can add additional delays. We can assist you in making sure…

Read more

Immigration and Refugee Hearings

We can represent you at your admissibility hearing if Citizenship and Immigration Canada is trying to make you leave Canada and we can help you get out of detention if CIC has arrested you. We also have an excellent record of helping people make successful refugee claims in Canada. Admissibility HearingsRefugee Hearings

Read more

Immigration Appeals

If you are ordered deported we can represent you before the Immigration Appeal Division. We can also assist you in having the IAD overturn a sponsorship application that has been refused. sponsorshipresidency and deportation appeals

Read more

Litigation at Federal Court

Our lawyers have appeared at every level of the Federal Court system, including the Supreme Court of Canada. We have been successful in reversing many badly made decisions of visa offices abroad, CIC and the IRB. We may also be able to obtain a stay of your removal from the Court if you are facing immediate deportation.

Read more

Temporary Resident Applications

If you want to work or study in Canada, you usually need a permit. We can assist you and your employer in obtaining authorization to work here. Even if you only want to visit Canada, you may need our assistance if you might be inadmissible because of a past indiscretion.

Read more

Citizenship Applications

Citizenship Applications: As of October 11, 2017, you must only be physically present in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years with no minimum number of days per year, before applying for citizenship. Also, days spent in Canada before becoming a permanent resident (as a temporary resident or protected person) within 5 years of applying for citizenship, count…

Read more
Back To Top